Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bedroom Curtains


I have heard that some people would like to know how I make my curtains. When I made my bedroom curtains I was a day sleeper so these were made double thickness. I just picked out the material in a print and a matching solid color. When I sewed them together I started with what looked like a pillowcase with "right sides" facing, these are tab top curtains so I found burlap to use as the tabs and cut strips to the size I wanted and ran a seam up each side so they would fray but not too much. Then I just sewed them in place. Yes that as a tree branch that I used as a curtain rod! The hangers are wrought iron plant hangers that they rest on. I also made a comforter to match the curtains. I told you I liked southwest design! I found everything I needed to make the curtains at the fabric department at Wal-Mart.

No comments: